Selecting a Theme
There is no right or wrong when selecting a theme. It is YOUR wedding day. As a matter of fact, your theme or ideas DO NOT have to fit into the box of a particular theme. You can totally create some sort of hybrid-theme. Below are a few things to think about when creating a theme.
Creating a Bridal Theme (Things to Consider):
- Where will your wedding take place?
- Will the wedding be outdoors? (a church, a park, the beach?)
- What time will your wedding be?
- morning looks will differ from nighttime looks
- Is there a particular time period you have already modeled your dress or ceremony after?
- Google 20’s themed wedding looks, you may have some fun!
- How much makeup do you wear daily?
- Don’t stray too far from your norm. If you are normally a basic makeup type of girl (or none at all!), you may not want loads of makeup with a smokey eye!
As mentioned, your wedding theme DOES NOT have to fit into these categories. But here are a few styles and themes to get your brain wheels turning.
BOHO: This style fits beach and outdoor weddings perfectly! Think light, peachy, luminous, etc.
GLAMOUR: This style is for the girl who loves drama and glam! Think, full colored lips, smokey eye, shimmer, bronzer, false lashes, etc.
VINTAGE: Choose any time period, google some looks and fall in love...with makeup all over again!
CHIC BEAUTY: This style fits the Bride who doesn’t wear makeup on a daily basis. This style focuses on clear skin and an overall clean look. This is wear your skincare regimen will come in handy!
I actually wrote a full lendggth guide to help you with your wedding makeup. You can download it for free HERE.